Wednesday, July 15, 2009

LEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I was in San Diego a couple of weeks ago to visit my cousin, Ronnie. I fell IN LOVE with his cat, Leo. He's only about a year old and gigantic. And you can pick him up and carry him around and he's so laid back... someone in my class today suggested it's because he's a California Cat, very easy going. Anyway, so my cousin doesn't know this yet, but I'm working on this pastel of Leo to give to him.


It's not finished - The criss-cross lines by his face are long blades of grass that he was laying in. I'm going out of my comfort zone and used water with the Unison pastels... also, I'm thinking of leaving the edges rough and fade them out instead of making the whole painting the same. I'll post a photo in a day or so to show the finished painting.

No comments: