Monday, September 13, 2010

Wausau Festival of the Arts 2010











A couple of years ago a friend from college, Zoe Morning found me in a catalogue for the Peninsula Art School in Door county, WI. After catching up, she asked if I'd be interested in judging their art fair up in Wausau some time, the Wausau Festival of Arts. Of course I would!

That is what I did this weekend and it was a pleasure and a real honor.

It was an impossible job - but I loved it. ALL of the artists were juried in and deserved to be there. It was a great experience that I will always remember - and I hope to keep in touch with some of the extremely talented artists I met.

Here I am (right) with Zoe (President of the festival) at the banquet after giving the awards.




Above is the booth of one of the Merit award winners, Gary Nelson from Minnesota. What impressed me about Gary was not only his gorgeous nature photos, using the complementary colors found in nature, but his process. In this digital age he still uses large format film with an Ansel Adams type of camera.




Thank you to everyone involved. I appreciated it all!



Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Liz said...

Wow, it looks awesome! How many people were there? And that guy's photos are gorgeous!

Mary Telfer said...

There are usually 30,000 in attendance, I don't know how many were there this year, but once the rain cleared up it was crowded.

Anonymous said...

What a great opportunity to be a part of that! Isn't it inspiring to see what other artists have done?

Sandy said...

Mary, That must have been a wonderful and inspiring experience. How fun!