Friday, November 2, 2007

camera works!

So, here it is, finally - camera works with Aunt Sally's batteries, but not the new ones I bought. A friend suggested I do it again with less detail and use colors to suit my mood more than the 'real' colors. Since I usually work by mood I usually don't use helpful suggestions like this, but I think I will this time. I used Mattson paper that you can buy at Dick Blick and unison pastels (they're so great!!!) along with some Rembrandt ones, which are also very nice. It's 22" x 30". Don't forget to go to my website now and then: www.telfleur.com

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary, Well it seems you fixed your camera and your Blog!
I like the mountain scene, at first I thought it was a photo from your "broken" camera; but I guess in a way it is.
Sorry I missed the coffe last night but hanging my art was pretty cool.
Later

Mary Telfer said...

Hey Larry - thanks! Sorry you couldn't make it to the coffee too. We'll see you next month. I'm not able to make it to your opening this weekend, but let me know the details and how long the show is running. I want to see it.

Anonymous said...

Hey Mary...the picture looks AMAZING! I only wish I could do pastels as well as you do..but, like we said, the nicer the equipment, the better the hopes for the picture..keep up the good work! Carol.

Mary Telfer said...

Thanks Carol!!! I do love those unison pastels... guess what will be on my Christmas list. : )

Bob said...

The drawing looks great. You did something there that really draws me to the other side of the water. Whoever suggested that you do it again in another creative mood really made me think. I guess I'm too concrete in my drawing and keep forgetting that honoring the creative mood is so important. Makes me want to free up my own drawings by doing so. Bob

Mary Telfer said...

Thanks Bob! Well, I thought it was a good suggestion too. I'll make sure and post a photo when I start it. And I'll look forward to seeing any new work you do purely by mood.

Becki said...

OH MY......this is gorgeous!

Mary Telfer said...

Thanks Becki! I love the new one you were working on today... I can't wait to see it finished.